The Practice endeavours to provide a mix of available appointments. These include:
- Extended Hours – the Practice now offers five early morning surgeries with the doctors. Please note these are for booked appointments only.
- Pre-bookable appointments 5 weeks in advance.
- Pre-bookable appointments 1 week in advance.
- 48 hour booking – e.g. appointments available for Wednesday on Monday, Tuesday for Thursday etc. This may not be with the doctor of your choice.
- Book on the day – from 12 midnight and 08:00
- Telephone slots – if you do not require an appointment but would like some advice from the doctor.
- Triage slots with the nurses – please ask reception what the nurse can deal with.
- Triage telephone slots with the nurses for advice.
- Emergency slots – if you need to be seen and it will not wait we always have an emergency doctor on call in the afternoons. This may not be the doctor you normally see.
If the above options do not meet your needs the receptionist will try and help you but she may have to ask questions about your current problem.
Please note we cannot guarantee the doctor of your choice.
Please note the telephone system will place you in a queue (the length of which will depend on the time you call – high calls at 08:00). Your call will be answered as soon as possible but please wait as if you disconnect and redial you will lose your position in the queue.
This is an automated system to allow patients to book, cancel or change appointments without having to speak to reception. This is available 24/7.
- Correct date of birth
- Telephone numbers from which you are likely to call (e.g. home/mobile)
If using for an on the day appointment it is advisable to use it before 08:00 to avoid queuing.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.